Recipes and hints for those following a low FODMAP diet. All recipes are also gluten and lactose free!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recipes - where??

Taste.com's new Low Fodmap recipe collection is certainly worth a gander, just be careful to eliminate all the things you can't tolerate from the recipe.

I tried the Gluten free self saucing pudding a few nights ago and I must say, with some minor tweaking to the cooking time and/or temperature it's definitely a winner. Here it is in all it's pudding-y glory.


I have a fan-forced oven and found the cooking time recommended in the recipe far too long (45 mins). Next time I think I'll either reduce the heat or reduce the cooking time, as my pudding came out looking more like a brownie (but was still delish, thankfully!).

There are also comments recommending the use of 2 tablespoons more cocoa, but I really think it's unnecessary as it's VERY rich.

I recommend serving it with lashing of lactose-free cream* and fresh strawberries.

*Side note: I tried to whip the lactose-free cream before realising that it simply does. not. whip. It came out looking more like a sorry babycino than any whipped cream I've ever seen (and I took to it with an electric whisk attachment, so manpower is not the issue). I'm wondering if lactose is essential for whippy-ness, can anyone confirm this?

No comments:

Post a Comment