Recipes and hints for those following a low FODMAP diet. All recipes are also gluten and lactose free!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Breakfast cereals

This has given me a lot of grief, I get sick of gluten free toast for brekky and most of the cereals seem to have added gluten. After forcing myself through a couple of boxes of Lowan Cocoa Bombs (nice but I'm less of a Cocoa-in-the-morning sort of person) I discovered:

Food for Health Life Food "The Fruit Free Clusters" in the health food section of Coles. They're gluten free, frucose friendly, dairy free, peanut free, and Australian owned and made. They're basically a mix of grains, which impressively includes Chia, and are the best muesli substitute I've tasted. At $7 a box it's not cheap, but better than the Whisk and Pin alternative at a whopping $15 a pop for a very, very ordinary gluten free experience.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fruit free clusters!!! So pricy though :(

    Can you not have porridge? Or is all gluten giving you trouble? (I've fructose malabsorption, so oats are AOK for me, but I don't know the intricacies of a low FODMAP diet!)

    ReplyDelete